The D day for windows 10 release is finally announced. After the long wait it is finally releasing on 29th of July 2015. Unlike other windows upgrades this time the upgrade is free for windows 7 and windows 8 users.
This update is not just a normal update like in the other operating systems. This is a radical change when compared to its older versions and looks like Microsoft is doing everything to shut the critics of windows 8.
The speciality about this windows 10 release is Microsoft has taken lot of inputs from developers and few end users using their windows insider program. Which allows the end user to download the previews and they can use this and give the feedback on basis of their usage.
Windows 10 will be shipped in 7 different versions but it includes it includes same base and similar features:
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Pro
- Windows 10 enterprise
- Windows 10 education
- Windows 10 mobile
- Windows 10 mobile enterprise
- Windows 10 IOT (Internet of things)
Microsoft will only be releasing windows 10 for Pcs and tablets this summer. Windows 10 for mobile will be released in the last quarter of this year.
There are lot of questions on which versions will be upgraded. What features will be excluded or included in windows 10. And what are the minimum software requirements Etc… This article is just about answering these questions on windows 10.
Let’s go over one by one below:
What is the minimum software requirement for windows 10 upgrade?
Users running windows 7 service pack one and windows 8.1 can upgrade to windows 10.
What are the minimum hardware requirements for windows 10?
Apart from having windows 7 and windows 8.1 there some minimum some minimum hardware requirements for windows 10 update :
- 1 Ghz Processor or more
- Minimum 1 Gb of RAM for 32 bit and 2 Gb for 64 –Bit OS
- 16 GB of hard disk space for 32 bit and 20 Gb of space for 64 Bit OS
- Graphics card : Direct x 9 or later
Can we use all the features of Windows 10 upgrade?
No, Majority of the windows 10 features will be available on all devices. But only special features that will require special hardware. Few of them are :
- Windows HELLO require special infrared camera for facial recognition or a finger print reader.
- The number apps that you can snap on screen depends on your display resolution
- For touch gestures you require multi touch display
Will Cortana be available all over the world?
How will the windows upgrade available?
Users who reserve the copy for windows 10 will be able to get the upgrade via windows update.
What is the process to reserve the copy for upgrade?
On June 1st 2015, Microsoft opened the doors to reserve a copy of windows 10. Qualifying devices running windows 8 and 7 will start receiving the “Get windows 10” app icon in the system tray, from this app users can check if their pc is compatible and reserve their copy of windows 10
I wish to reserve my copy of windows 10 but I don’t see it app tray what do I do?
If you are having this trouble kindly try and follow the below steps:
- Make sure your windows update is enabled and running properly
- Make sure you have the update KB3035583 installed in your system if you don’t have you can download it manually from download update manual Microsoft
- If this app doesn’t start try to launch it manually by opening run command (Windows key+ R) , and type “ C:\Windows\System32\GWX\exe” and press enter
- If the above step didn’t solve the problem the uninstall KB3035583 and reinstall it. You can do this at program feature and installed updates.
If all of the above is not working for your then your computer might not be running windows 7 or 8 and your windows might not be original or your system is not compatible with windows 10.
Can I upgrade to windows 10 in case I have not reserved the copy of windows 10?
Yes, on July 29th 2015 Microsoft will begin notifying the devices that there is free upgrade available.
We all know that Microsoft is dropping some of the older features in windows 10 . Below are some of the features which windows 7 and 8 users will not see in windows 10:
- Windows media centre
- DVD play back capability
- Windows 7 desktop gadgets
- Solitaire, mine sweeper and heart collection games will be removed from windows 10. However you can download it from windows store
- USB floppy drivers will be removed
- Windows live essentials and one drive app will be removed. And replaced with new one drive integration
Finally before you upgrade it better to take full back up of your computer. Happy upgrading leave your comments and feedbacks about windows 10 below.
For more update kindly follow our website.